- 1 tablespoon Butter Buds Sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pounds McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (7 cups)
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 packets (or 1-1/4 teaspoons bulk) Sweet'N Low
- Nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt, optional
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, Butter Buds, Sweet'N Low, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add to the apples and toss to coat. Lightly spray one sheet of phyllo dough with nonstick cooking spray. Fold in half and spray again. Place in the pie pan with one edge hanging over the pan. Repeat the process with the remaining 3 sheets of dough, overlapping in the pan to cover the bottom completely. Spoon the apple mixture into the pan. Fold the edges of the dough over to cover the apples. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 35 minutes, or until the dough is crisp and the apples are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Cool slightly before serving. Serve with nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt, if desired.
Variation: Seven cups of sliced fresh peaches or pears, or fresh blueberries may be substituted for the apples.