- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Nu Salt salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon Sweet 'N Low zero calorie sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups low fat, no salt added buttermilk
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, Nu Salt, Sweet 'N Low, and baking soda. In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, margarine, and egg; stir in honey. Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool about 5 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf, 10 servings.