1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2. Mix all liquid ingredients together and add to the dry mixture.
3. Whisk to ensure that the mixture is fully mixed.
4. Cover with a cloth and let rest for 30 minutes.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat, then pour the batter using spoon to make small circles.
6. Transfer to a tea towel, and fold down the towel to cover the atayef.
7. Stuff the atayef with filling of choice. (cheese, hazelnuts, almonds, etc.)
8. Pinch the edges of the atayef to seal.
9. Fry until the edges are slightly golden brown and crunchy, or bake at 200°C until golden and crunchy.