- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, jewel or garnet yams
- 3 packets Sweet'N Low® zero calorie sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 9-inch frozen whole-wheat pie crust
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until they are very soft when squeezed, 50 to 75 minutes, depending on their size. When they are cool enough to handle, peel the sweet potatoes and measure 2 cups. Set the remaining sweet potatoes aside for another use.
Place the sweet potato flesh in the bowl of a food processor, and whirl to a smooth puree. Add the egg, molasses, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and Sweet'N Low® zero calorie sweetener, and whirl to combine. Add the milk and whirl until the filling is blended. Set the pie crust on a baking sheet and add the filling, smoothing the top even.
Bake the pie at 400° F for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean. Cool the pie on a wire rack. Cover with foil and refrigerate the pie until chilled, preferably overnight. Before serving, bring the pie to room temperature for at least 30 minutes.